Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Experiences with Technology in K-12

My first experience with technology in the classroom was a small computer that still had a black and green screen in first or second grade. I didn't get used to it because we recieved new high-tech computers. With those computers I learned about Google, played Math and Word Munchers and took simple reading tests. In middle school, I took a typing class that was defintely helpful. In my highschool years, I wrote many papers using Microsoft Word. I practiced speeches with a PowerPoint presentation. I tried to use Excel, but it was kind of hard to use. But of course, during these years, I didn't rely much on a computer as I do now. If I needed it, I would go to school and use it to research on Ebsco and print out important documents or images.

I have to admit, I agree that technology is new and exciting-especially at finding a use for it in the classroom. But there have been so many problems-needing specific wires, technology failing when we need it to open a specific file. I believe the teachers are what make a classroom engaging and fun. Technology is no substitute for a good teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment