Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lesson Plans for SmartBoard

First up, Goldilocks and the Three Bears lesson plans for 1st and 2nd graders is really nice for those group of kids. At that age, they would really love to go up and use the pen to fill in the words, letters and dragging words. It's very cute-it is a great storytelling tool and would just bring a lot of conversation and a positive attitude in the class.

Teacher Notes

Subject: Language arts
Topic: Writing
Title: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Grade(s): 1 and 2
Cross-curricular link(s): Nursery rhymes
Intended learning outcome(s)
Select appropriate words to complete a sentence
Select appropriate sentences to fit the situation

Next, Haiku Poems lesson plan directed towards 2-7 graders. The lesson reminds me of an interactive powerpoint. That's not an insult, I'm glad that it is so structured and interactive. The important information is on every other slide and then you can pass the pen to a student and have them answer the question in front of everyone. I like it, but of course if I were to use this-I would make it look more attractive. That's just me-I like personalizing it.

Teacher Notes

Subject: Langauge arts
Topic: Poetry
Title: Haiku Poems
Grade(s): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
Cross-curricular link(s): Health
Intended learning outcome(s)
To introduce students to the Haiku poem
To help students gain an understanding of the origin of Haiku poems
To provide students the structure to create their own poems

Finally, Factors and Multiples for 4-6 grade. It looks very professional-it definitely has an appeal to it that reminds me of traditional work sheets. Except since the material is on the board, everyone can be on task at the same thing instead of 'following along' in which kids would be a bit distracted.

Lesson Notes
Match
The Number System

After viewing so many lesson plans, I am inspired to make my own lesson plans! I have seen what is effective (lots of interaction and easy to follow=fun lesson plan) and what is ineffective (just some powerpoint-like slides with rules and things to memorize).

No comments:

Post a Comment