Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day and Igoogle



How strange to have an iconic figure on a blog and to just write about igoogle. Anyways, I am writing this on MLK day and figured I would take a picture of Martin Luther King jr. for the occasion. It's a nice picture too.

Anyways, about igoogle. The only reason I could have igoogle in the classroom is for the reason that I may want to have my computer screen on and for all to see. If I have something I want them to see online and want to get to quickly, of course I would have my computer on. In that case, they would love to see something interesting up there. Kind of like the virtual acquarium that you put up or other little widgets such as the weather, interesting videos, famous artwork, fun facts, etc. These would all be small treats that the students could gaze upon for a while as I was busy looking for something in class, talking with someone, etc. But I can't understand why any educator would make this a key application in their classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment